Tuesday, May 29, 2007

reply from Life cereal

Susanna:

We're glad to know you and several of your friends enjoy Life Cereal every morning in the dining hall at your college.

One of the brightest spots in our work week is receiving comments like yours. We have ways of measuring success, but none of them are as satisfying as hearing directly from you. Please be assured that we will always do our best to produce high-quality products that you will enjoy.

We appreciate your interest in our product, Susanna, and thank for taking the time to contact us.

Geri
Quaker Consumer Response

Is there a mention of my poetical genius, not to mention offers to supply me with unlimited amounts of cereal? No, no there is not. To be fair, the message they received I don't believe included the original spacing, so it all just looks odd and ungrammatical.

Spent 9 hours today babysitting a 20-month old child. He's about the sweetest child alive but is lacking in language skills, making for a sort of silent day. Well actually I talked to him a lot. And sang him Eagles songs. He didn't seem to notice. I want to be as totally engrossed as he is by walking around a house in circles picking things up and putting them in my mouth, shaking them, and throwing them on the ground again. He thought it was all soooooo hilarious. He also found lying on his back chewing on his toes to be rather engrossing. I would say "oh, those were the days," but I don't think any child but him has ever been that happy. Unfortunatly it's partly because of developmental disorders.

Also, let it be noted that I resent Ms. Mayer's suggestion that the quanitity of my posts corresponds to some dirth of quality. I've got it all.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

i'm very sorry that your poetical talent has been overlooked by some clearly artisticaly blind P.R. agent. best wishes for your future endevours.

Anonymous said...

Those folks from Life cereal
Really ought to getreal
And send you lots of stuff gratis
That will make you as fat as your dadis.
Wismar Hiddensee