Thursday, May 31, 2007

Items of interest

1) Jack got his driver's license today, just barely- apparently he was "palming the wheel."
2) My suspicions were true- now that I turned in my Hatjig paper the things that were fascinating as procrastination are very boring as real entertainment.
3) Greg e-mailed me a picture of Beyer as an early birthday present, and every time my mouse approaches that message the picture flashes up in creepy almost-subliminal fashion.
4) My mother just got a call from the Mathematics Association of America, informing her that she won her election as the national "first vice-president." Jack wanted to know why they had never had one before, but apparently the title is just differentiated from the "second vice-president."
5) I remembered that I really like watching tennis.
6) I can't watch any more CMT, it's too awful. How can they call that country? Emerson Drive I'm finding especially obnoxious.
7) My cats will not sit in a sink.
8) Well I ain't going to work tomorrow, and I may not work next day. No I ain't going to work tomorrow, for it be a wet rainy day.
9) Actually it's not rainy, those are just the words of the song. It's humid and hazy; the mountains look disgusting through the yellow-y soup.
10) I'm reading On the Banks of Plum Creek. Good old Laura and Mary. I want to go live in their dugout and spend all day playing with the reeds in the creek. Just as long as no one tries to go around the bend to the watering hole, as they have been strictly forbidden to do.
11) I see that Latvia has just had a presidential election. I tried to read about it, but due to weird-consonant overload I was unable to do so. I just hope someone is looking out for the interests of Latvian butter. Is Gita still over there? She'll straighten them out if they try to mess with that butter. Almost like ice cream. Unsalted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Preoccupation with Letvia wery unbecoming. Letvians not nice peoples. Also wery bed personal hygiene. (Bad smell). Think they special because they not Uzbeks.
Kemal Izblik