Wednesday, May 9, 2007

let me tell you a story

This morning, as I set out cheerily from my dorm, I had several simple, concrete goals: to eat breakfast, to return my track uniform, to pick up a check for babysitting for Nicole, to mail and letter and deposit the check at the mail center, and to pick up my study abroad packet from Sunderland. Here is what actually occured:
1) I go to Atwater, letter and track bag in hand; I eat
2) I leave Atwater, sans track bag
3) I return to Atwater and retrieve track bag
4) I walk to the Athletic Center, attempt unsuccessfully to find a human being at the equipment room to take my uniform, I leave it on the counter
5) I leave the Athletic Center and walk to the mail center; I mail the letter and check my mail, which included a graduation invitation from Jack
6) I attempt to cash my check
7) I realize that I have not picked up said check
8) I return to the Athletic Center and pick up the check
9) I return to the mail center, attempt to cash the check again, realize that I have no pen with which to endorse it
10) I give up
11) I wait around in Sunderland for Julie Good to get my study abroad packet from her car
12) I return to my room, sadder, not really any wiser, but more aware of my crippling incompetence.

No comments: