Thursday, April 30, 2009

Book Review

I got this in an e-mail from a Moscow bookseller:

Армадa [Armada]
by Il'ia Vladimirovich Boiashov

Ilya Boyashov is the 2007 winner of the award, "The National Bestseller". "Armada", is his first novel. Terrorists are on a boat, sailing to the coast of America to destroy it. But during the journey, an event takes place that causes the disappearance of all continents of the world. The world is one big ocean! The terrorists are the last living survivors on the planet.


Also: I'M DONE WITH MY THESIS!!!!!!! Now I just have to give this accursed presentation at the Rohatyn Center symposium on Monday (haven't wrote that talk yet...), and do the defense, and it will be over. It's a little anti-climactic, actually. I never stayed up all night, or raced to the end; one day I was just done writing it, in plenty of time, and I've been leisurely editing since then. I am stressed out about other things, such as some other papers I haven't written and should have by now, and this symposium presentation, but the thesis seems to really be done.

1 comment:

thewhitedoor: said...

yes, i believe that book has already been made into a film, a masterpiece in its own right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEp382HIisE