Monday, February 25, 2008

Homeward Bound, someday

I called STA Travel, after waiting for it to be business hours in Arizona Standard Time, which was not too convenient, and have successfully changed my ticket home to June 1. I get in at 3:something p.m. In case you wanted to know.

It is muddy and slushy and yet still cold and cloudy here. I have not yet been killed by an icicle.

Yesterday on the television set Valentina Petrovna and I watched a concert of nuclear scientists and the like singing and playing guitars and such. They are big stars. They are also pretty awesome- all these old guys in cardegans up on the stage singing clever songs. At least I was assured that they were clever- I of course did not understand any of it. But the music part was agreeable. I think this is one of the cultural advantages of the absence of free market- in the Soviet Union, musicians didn't have to be good looking.

No comments: