Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Fresh Notebooks

I’m reviewing the notebooks I bought this afternoon in honor of the new semester. I went to two different bookstores on this serious venture; the first one’s notebooks were not up to par. The notebooks are such:

1) black; little raised, irregular, shiny black spots; in the center a little cartoon of a fuzzy cat covered in yarn; above this in cursive “I am a little Kitty”
2) back-drop: photo close-up of some wrinkled canvas clothing item, or maybe bag
center: insane-looking cartoon monkey with crossed eyes, pointing down at his own toussled head; thought bubble: “Jeans style?”; in top right-hand corner- “copybook”
3)Ronhaldhinho theme
4) in lower right-hand corner “fish copybook”; pictured: two tropical fish; glitter is involved
5) white, with Soviet flag across the center; drawing of partially-peeled banana, I guess resembling Warhol, on top of that; across the bottom pictures of Soviet metals and large word ‘tyetrad’ (‘notebook’)
6) one I have long admired: black, with a glitter- covered cartoon rooster crazily running across center stage; scrawled above him “i’m taking OFF’ with ‘i’m taking’ in white and ‘off’ in red

I think it’s a good haul. None of them quite as good as the “Rope” notebooks sold last semester, or as the one with a cartoon Darwin hugging monkeys.

No comments: